Saturday, June 27, 2015

Nagano Reunion!

Yesterday was so much fun!!!!! =D

Remember how I said that I was meeting some of my favorite people from Japan? Well, the Takei Family were so surprised to see me, they were still talking about it as we parted 5 hours later! Here's a picture. 
When I first arrived in the town they live in, their daughter had just gotten home from her mission! Kana is her name and is in the above picture. It was a lot of fun being with this family and getting to serve them! :) after I left, their younger daughter served in the Fukuoka Mission where Rylers parents lived. Of course the moms got in touch and became friends! 2 years later the Takei family came here and told my mother in law that they wanted to go through the Salt Lake Temple together. 

This is where it gets fun! My mother in law let Sister Takei know that her son and daughter in law (me) would also be there. Sister Takei never connected that I was the daughter in law!!!!! Hahahahaha! That's why she was so surprised! She kept confirming that I was the daughter in law! Oh I wish I had a way to capture the emotion and joy of the moment! =D

I wasn't the only one who surprised them either. 

(Quick note about the pictures. By the time we got out of the temple and regrouped, it was dark out. I'm just glad we did get photos!)
In this photo, other than the Takei family, we have 4 of us who served missions in Nagano, one person who lived there, and Ryler. ;) It was so much fun getting caught up on Nagano and the members who live there! Someday I will go back. 

All in all, it was a beautiful, wonderful,  magnificent, magical evening! I really can't think of any place I'd rather meet the people I love than the temple. 



No comments:

Post a Comment