Saturday, May 09, 2015

Ohisashiburi! お久しぶり!

The title for this article is in Japanese and says "Its been a long time!"  It just sounds odd to say that in English for some reason. The feelings behind the words are just a bit different I guess. *shrugs*

Anyway, school is out for summer 🎶 Woohoo! We started it off with a sibling road trip to Disneyland and California beaches. :) it was a fantastic trip! Two of our number hadn't been before, but I'll be putting up more about that on a later post once we get our pictures amassed. =D

I brought home a fun bag full of small seashells with the idea of making a pendant necklaces. 



Here's what you need to make this. 

A shell
Wire
Super glue
Pliers with wire cutters
---optional--- rounded pliers 

Step one: clean the shell. 
No picture on this one. Just make sure it isn't gunky. :)

Step two: prepare the wire!
Depending on the size of your shell, you can cut a long or short piece. It doesn't really matter since it's going to be tucked into the shell anyway. :)
 Fold the wire in half. This is going to be the loop up top.

I like using the rounded pliers here to get an even loop. Twist the wires to close the loop

Next up we fold the tails a little bit so it fits inside the shell. I like to make a loose circle like shape with the tails so that it has more to grip the inside.

Step two: glue
I like to put some paper or something disposable underneath the piece I'm gluing so my surface stays clean! 
Before gluing test the wire to make sure it fits inside! Adjust as necessary.

I'm using a crazy glue all purpose small applicator deally-o. 

Apply glue all along the length of the wire, just be sure to keep the loop for the top clear!
Once it's been glued place it inside the shell. 
You can just see inside where the wires are tucked away. I like to leave just the loop exposed up top, so it looks like it's holding on by magic. :)

At this point I like to apply a little more glue around the loop to give it extra security. 

Once it's dry you are done! Just find a chain and string it on!













2 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! Now I wanna make one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's a pretty simple project. :) Post pictures or your creations in the comments!

    ReplyDelete