Saturday, May 23, 2015

New Headboard Cover

Remember the awesomely rejuvenated closet of ours from a few posts back? Well, we hated the doors so much before we even altered anything that we took them right off! Since then the doors from the closet have been stored in a super sneaky space! ;D


As  our headboards! You can see I tried covering them with some scrap fabric I had, but it kept falling down. :/  So I took some measurements and headed up to my Momma's sewing room. Just saying, she's a published quilter, so you should check out her tutorials and patterns here! 

--------------------->>  http://www.quiltscapesqs.com  <<------------------------

With her math skills and our combined tenacious spirit, we overcame some hiccups and had a fantastic finished product! 

So from her sewing room to our bedroom, I would like to present.....

The headboard cover!!!!!

Tadaa!!!!!!! I love it so much! It just fits so nicely over the top of the doors. 

Here it is with the canopy.


 Another angle.


Wait, are those boring empty walls on either side?! Unnaceptable!!!


Had these lying around after a class last semester. They fit so perfectly in the space! I call them, "Blue Lines" and "Geometric Maroon Fabric". So original.... Hehehe

Anyway...

More canopy~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ so fun!


I think it is safe to say I love my new headboard cover!!!
Did you notice that our lamps match the headboard? Yeah, totally planned that.... Hahaha, ok not really, but it was a wonderful coincidence!


Love it!!!!!!!

Side note, the bear and cat were gifts from The Husbyland during our courtship and subsequent marriage. :)

What have you done to make your room feel like a home? Leave a comment below!

No comments:

Post a Comment